The AMTA released an updated Industry Fact Sheet on the Massage Therapy profession. The summary report addresses profession-wide issues such as “Who Is Today’s Massage Therapist?” information for those considering “Massage Therapy as a career,” regulatory information and more. The Fact Sheet is publicly available on the AMTA website, in both web format as well as a four-page printable format.
Under “Research,” the Fact Sheet includes ten (10) conditions or associated symptoms for which “Recent research has shown the effectiveness of massage,” namely:
- Cancer-related fatigue.
- Low back pain.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Reducing post-operative pain.
- Boosting the body’s immune system functioning.
- Decreasing the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Reducing headache frequency.
- Easing alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Decreasing pain in cancer patients.